BBQ Chicken Pizza

I have had some leftover homemade BBQ sauce in the freezer for a while and in the back of my mind I knew I wanted to make a BBQ chicken pizza. I love the one at California Pizza Kitchen, so that is what I used for my inspiration.

BBQ Chicken Pizza



Boboli thin wheat crust
1 cup BBQ sauce (I love this homemade version because it has pineapple which gives the pizza a Hawaiian twist)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced and carmelized (cook in olive oil on medium low heat for 15-20 minutes or until deep golden)

Preheat oven to 375. Spread sauce on pizza crust (use more or less to your taste). Top with a layer of mozzarella, reserving about 1/4 cup. Layer onions then shredded chicken. Top with colby jack and reserved mozzarella. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.

Comments